PMP certification has become one of the top rankings and trending professional credentials around the world. Project managers from diverse industries have made the most out of these certifications both in terms of professional development and growth.
If you are also willing to become a certified project management professional and want to know the total duration required to complete a PMP certification then here is a complete guide that will help you understand everything about it.
Applying and appearing in the PMP certification exam is pretty simple but understanding the entire eligibility criteria and successfully fulfilling all of the requirements is of utmost importance. It provides a comprehensive overview of the total time that you will probably require to complete our desired PMP certification.
Academic & Work Experience Requirements
Academic and work experience requirements are crucial to understanding in identifying the total time required for completing a PMP certification. According to the program requirements, if you are interested in applying for a PMP certificate then you should present the required academic credentials which are as follows:
PMP certifications encourage every deserving project management expert to take interest and earn a PMP certification upon successfully qualifying its eligibility criteria. This includes:
High School Diploma or Associate Degree Holder
- If you are working in the field of project management and you have a high school diploma or an associate degree then you are able to clear the very first requirement for PMP certification.
- In addition to presenting these academic credentials, you will be required to provide at least 5 years of professional work experience in the field of project management.
- Moreover, the program requires the participant to present at least 7,500 total hours of working and leading various projects over time.
Graduate Degree Holder
- On the other hand, if you are working as a project manager and holds a bachelor degree than you absolutely qualify for PMP certifications.
- Having a bachelor degree adds great value and allows the participant to present at least 3 years of professional work experience in the field of project management.
- Moreover, when it comes to showing relevant project management working hours, the participant is allowed to present at least 4,500 total hours of working and leading various projects over time.
After going through the above mentioned academic and work experience requirements, you should be able to clearly identify any additional time that you might need to complete your prior academic credentials. If not, then you are going to spend at least 35 hours of professional project management training which is also one of the primary eligibility requirements.
Project Management Training Contact Hours Requirements
Earning and providing 35 PDUs or project management certification training contact hours is the second primary requirement. Most of the participants prefer choosing top PMP certification training programs as they are able to gain several value-added benefits. Compared to traditional training programs, the majority of top PMP certification training programs offer greater flexibility and affordability.
Are you also looking for a top PMP certification training provider within your local area, if yes then look no further, Project Leadership Coaching is the best option to choose? Visit online or call now to find more details.